Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Pregnant Author Ramble

Writing while pregnant is a trip - I'm pretty sure that writing with newborn is going to be as well.

Bumpette is due October 18th =) She likes to bump around the most while I'm trying to concentrate on writing, and she always seems to know when that is.

Trying to find time for birthing classes, cleaning up the house, and setting up the nursery in addition to my day job, time with family and friends, and writing / promoting my books has definitely been an adventure in time management. Even better (/sarcasm) because it turns out pregnancy brain is real and evil lol. The amount of stuff I forget on any given day is pretty appalling and I'm more disorganized than ever right when I need to be more organized!

The fact that I've managed to get as much done as I have makes me want to high five myself lol.

The upcoming months are going to be even crazier....

Masters of the Castle: Witness Protection Program is coming out on August 7th. I'm still in awe that I was asked to be a part of this box set. I LOVE the Masters of the Castle books and getting to contribute is a dream come true. It's a steal at $6.99, since there are 8 full length books included, making it less than a dollar a book =P I'm soooooo excited about it, because the other authors are amazing, the overarching story line is blew my mind when Maren told me about it, and I looooooooved my contribution to it - Freeing Fawn.

There's a freaking BOMB in the CASTLE, ya'll! Not to mention multiple bad guys and good guys! It's a cops and robbers bonanza!!!!! *bounces around* My MC, Fawn, is there to assassinate someone. Dane Morgan is an FBI agent who starts off suspicious of her, pairs up with her, and starts falling for her. It's high tension hotness all the way throughout the set! I can't wait to read everyone else's books, the ones that I have gotten to read have been SMOKING.

Then on August 10th I'm part of another box set releasing! This one is filled with short stories about sexy nerds and nerdy topics (like sci-fi and fantasy!) Cuz nerds are sexy, dammit. When I was asked to be a part of this one, I jumped on it as well - being a big nerd myself, how could I not?! I wrote two short stories for it - one about a couple who meets during a convention speed dating event and one hot alien short - and I'll be sharing the pre-order link around as soon as I have it =)

THEN, Lee Savino and I are aiming to have our first ever co-written book, Alien Captive, out by the end of August. ABDUCTION FANTASIES FOR THE WIN! lol. We're having SUCH a good time writing it, although with me pregnant and her with two kids under the age of two, I'm not quite sure how we're managing to do this but it's happening! We're having way too much fun with it. It's gonna be down and dirty and probably the start to a new series if everything goes well.

And then in September - the last Stronghold Doms book! I'm aiming for September 15th but it will kind of depend on how things go in August. September 30th at the latest for sure, because October 6-8th I'll be at RomCon in Richmond, VA (would love to see you there!)... and Bumpette is due on the 18th! Yeah, cutting that one kind of close. She and I have had a talk and she knows she's not allowed to come early. Maybe a week early, but not more than that lol. I need to RomCon!

So yeah. After that I've given myself some down time lol. Although I am still aiming to have a Big Bad Bunnies Christmas special book come out in December =) Chasing His Polar Bear. I'd also love to write some novellas setting up my next two series - spin-offs of the Stronghold Doms and the Bridal Discipline series... but that'll all depend on exactly how much time and brain I have after Bumpette arrives. I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch =P

OOO and other news... hubby is currently working on one of my audiobooks... Chasing His Puma... and I'm hoping to have that out next month as well! If it goes well, he'll be narrating more of my books and we might co-narrate one =P

That's everything that's coming up! I'm so freaking excited about all of it and just wanted to share... we'll see how much Bumpette lets me get done, but in my mind this is all the 'least' I want to do! lol.

Stay Sassy! I hope everyone is having as great a summer as I am!
<3

1 comment :

  1. Just discovered and read ALL of the Stronghold books in the last two weeks. Can't wait for Hardcore Vanilla and I hope you will continue the series with Mitch's story. I really like that the characters reappear in subsequent books.

    ReplyDelete