Friday, July 19, 2019

My Amazon Free Month - Day 19 - Barnes & Noble

The other day I happened to be doing a Harry Potter walk where there was a Barnes and Noble actual store. 

Since I'm having an Amazon free month and my baby girl is too smart for her own good and is already getting tired of a lot of the books we have for her, I stopped in. Ended up leaving with about seven new books for her =P Three of which I got off the sale bin at the very front of the store - and since I renewed my Barnes and Noble membership they were even cheaper!

I've decided I definitely like buying kids books at the store better than online. I can actually read through them. Check out the story, see if it's something I think she'll pay attention to or if it's too old for her, and especially check out the 'touch and feel' books to see if they're things she'll actually want to touch and feel. Because the one I ordered online sounded a lot better than it ended up being. Flipping through them in person, I was able to pick out one I knew she'd have fun with. 

It was kind of fun being back in a brick and mortar book store. I haven't been in one in a while. 

I swung by the romance section to see if they had me (They didn't... was not surprised lol), walked through the bargain books, picked up and put down more books than I can recall, and walked out with a satisfyingly heavy bag. 

Then they sent me a 30% off coupon for signing up for the (free) kids program (earn points on kids books for future discounts on kids books... uh, yes please!) and I'm going to be back in that area today so it's likely I'll stop in again. 

In other news, the shelves I ordered from Target for the convention next week are way too big. That's another thing I'm going to have to check on in person... fortunately the Target near me is very close to the Barnes and Noble store =P So it should be productive day!

I've continued to buy books off of Smashwords but I haven't tried any of the other bookstores yet. I really should check out Eden Books and Bookstrand. And also get MY books uploaded to Eden books. 

So much to do, so little time!

But we're more than halfway through my Amazon Free Month and I'm feeling pretty good about it!

No comments :

Post a Comment