Thursday, September 20, 2012

Future Works

Chapter 2 of Being the Maid is now available!

It seems like there's a lot of interest in the Stronghold characters, especially Rick Winter (can't blame those of you who are dying to hear more about him, I have a bit of a crush on him myself), so I wanted to share my thoughts on where things are going to go with them.  Of course this is all very early in the game but I'm pretty well settled on the story lines that I have coming up and on the order that I want to write them in. I know this is a big tease, but hopefully a good one?

As I said in my last blog post, I was actually developing the characters and story lines for Stronghold before it became meshed with with the Venus Rising universe.  The idea came out of my interest in BDSM stories that involved following various members of a club - especially Cherise Sinclair's stories, specifically her Masters of the Shadowlands series and the Doms of Dark Haven series, as well as The Aerie Doms trio by Christina Thacher, the Rescue Me series by Kallypso Masters, The Dominion Brothers series by Talon p.s., etc. etc. 

Originally the Stronghold series was going to start off with Master Adam's story. Now I guess you could say that it's starting with the Venus Rising series, but once I move into the Stronghold Doms series his will be the first story as originally planned.  I have actually started writing it already although it's slow going because obviously my focus is elsewhere at the moment, but I'm hoping that Master Adam's book (I'm still trying to decide on a title... I may end up having a vote on it) will be able to come swiftly on the heels of the final Venus Rising book, Venus Ascendant.

My hope is to finish the Venus Rising series by February 2013 and have Master Adam's book out by March 2013 and then move on to the rest of the books that I have planned.

At the moment this is my plan for the Stronghold series:

1.Title Undecided - Master Adam's story

2. Taming the Tease - Master Rick Winter's story

3. Protector - Lexi & Master Patrick's story

4. Bound to the Past - Master Andrew's story

5. Breaking the Chain - Jared's story (Undecided on whether or not he's going to be prefer Sir, like Liam, or Master)

6. Resisting Submission - Master Michael's story - if you're wondering, no you haven't met him yet ;)

Eventually I want to write a book about Jake, Lexi's older brother, as well, but since he's not a member of the club and never will be I'm not sure it will really qualify as a Stronghold book. It is also possible that Master Patrick and Lexi may end up coming before Rick Winter. It really depends on Lexi and how fast / hard she's going to push those over protective Doms. I'd like to make her wait though, so I'm going to try to keep everyone in line and stick to this schedule. I am also considering writing a novella about Olivia, although I am as yet undecided since I'm still working on researching Dommes and trying to figure out whether or not I could convincingly write a story with a Domme as the main character. It's possible that I will make Jake's story into a novella as well and publish the two together as one book. We'll see. That's all open at the moment.

At any rate. This is where I'm headed in the future. Yes, I have a vague story outline for every single one of these stories, although it's also true that occasionally the story outlines change because the characters don't always cooperate with what I think they should be doing. The Venus Rising series has had its outlines re-written four different times now thanks to feisty characters. *sigh* I think they're happy with what I've got going on now though so hopefully I won't have to re-write them again! Lexi and Master Patrick have also already changed their outline once and I haven't even started writing their story yet. Go figure.

And in the meantime, of course, I will be working on the last Poker Loser book and other projects going on for Lit that may occasionally also be published for Kindle. Soon I hope to also be making my work available for the Nook and other e-readers. Still figuring that part out. I'm about halfway through the editing/re-writing of Wanna Bet and I'm really hoping to have that out by the beginning of October and then I'll be seeing about getting Gift of the Goddess available. That one's going to need a lot of re-writing I think though. So that's what the future looks like! Hope you enjoyed the peek into it =)

No comments :

Post a Comment