Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Interview Me Part 3: Personal Questions & The Future

What sports do you like to watch?
Football!  I'm a Skins fan (although this season I don't know if I can really say I "like" to watch... wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't gotten all hopeful after last year).  I also love watching gymnastics and ice skating during the Olympics, sometimes swimming, skiing and snowboarding, but the only thing I watch on a regular basis is Football.  

Do you and hubby want to have kids? 
Who are you, my mother? lol.  Yes, but not for a couple of years.  We're having a good time being married and spending time with each other for a bit before kids take over our lives.  I have to say though, when they're teenagers I'm going to have nightmares about them discovering what Mom writes about.

Do you watch a lot of TV?
Um... sort of?  Like I said, I'm more of a book person, but there are definitely days when I'm feeling the TV thing.  Lately I've been watching a lot of Property Brothers and Love It or List It.  Hubby and I have also been watching Dr. Who (the one that's on Netflix right now, Chris Eckleston and David Tennant) and I've been trying to get into Star Trek.  I'm about halfway through the first season of the original Star Trek series (whoo Captain Kirk!).  But I read more than I watch TV.

What is your favorite movie and why?
Love Actually.  I love how it shows so many different characters who all intertwine. I love the love stories.  I love the music.  I love the message.  I watch it every year around Christmas.  Sometimes multiple times.  

What is your favorite book and why?
My favorite book of all time is The Merro Tree by Kate Waitman.  It has everything I love in it... an underlying message, an emphasis on the importance of the arts, romance, intrigue, a bit of a mystery, an underdog overcoming everything to succeed, and so many moments when I want to either cry or leap for joy.  It's an incredible piece of work and it kills me that more people don't know about it.

What advice would you give to your younger self?
Enjoy life.  Don't focus on the bad stuff, focus on the good.  Because life is short and you never know when it's going to be taken away from you.

Also, STOP USING YOUR CREDIT CARD  YOU'RE GOING TO BE PAYING THAT SHIT OFF FOR YEARS AND IT'S GOING TO SUCK BALLS.

What is your favorite quote?
"There's a skinny woman inside me, screaming to get out... but I can usually shut her up with cookies."

Seriously, that's one of them.  The other one is from the Lord of the Rings:

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know... It's all wrong.  By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are.  It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo.  The ones that really mattered.  Full of darkness and danger, they were.  And sometimes you didn't want to know the end.  Because how could the end be happy?  How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?  But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow.  Even darkness must pass.  A new day will come.  And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.  Those were the stories that stayed with you.  That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.  But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now.  Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't.  They kept going.  Because they were holding onto something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for. 

Which famous person, living or dead, would you like to meet and why?
Aw man... I hate this question because I never know the answer.  Maybe Henry VIII... because I'm wildly curious.  I've always had a bit of an obsession with him and I would want to know what he's actually like.  I can guarantee that if Dr. Who was to show up on my doorstep, I'd tell him to take the TARDIS to Tudor England, preferably when both Anne Boleyn and Catherine were still alive because I'd want to meet both of them too.

What does the future hold?
Ah good question.  And I have SO many answers.  I definitely want to keep writing... I'd love to eventually make it my full time job.  That would be my dream.  However, even if I never make it that far, I'm going to keep providing stories to Literotica and books to Amazon and Smashwords. 
Once I'm done with the Domestic Discipline Quartet I'm going to start a series that will include the book version of Marriage Training and will be called The Society of Sin.  There will be four other books in the main series, about Gabriel's father and step-mother, his two sisters, and another two characters that will be introduced in the other books. 
Once I'm done with the Stronghold series, or if I finish The Society of Sin first, I'll be starting on a new book series that will be set in the distant future.  It's somewhat based off of Carolyn Faulkner's book Prima, except that I didn't agree with her vision of the future.  I haven't come up with a title for the series yet, but I've come up with the plots for four or five books in it.  The idea is that a disease has killed off a large portion of the population, but proportionally was much worse for women, and now we've gone back to a medieval mindset even though most of the technology is still in place, because women need to be protected / cherished as the bearers of children, etc.  They are to be well-loved and also well-disciplined.  Because of the lack of women in general, men often save up in groups - either brothers or close friends - to buy a wife ;)  I'm still working out how the society works, but by the time I'm writing it I should have that all worked out.
There are several series that I want to work on, as well as a couple of standalone books, many of them in the Victorian timeline, some Westerns (cowboys... yum), and some contemporary.  I'm also working towards two other pen names, one of which will focus more on romance and one of which will focus more on shorter / darker novellas that will usually be focused on a fetish (demon sex, were-animal sex, etc.).  I've noticed there are a lot of novellas out there that sell for $2.99 and as long as they're about a specific kink, they do pretty well.  So I kinda want to try my hand at that.  I'll def announce all new releases on the blog, because a lot of them are going to only be 99 cents for the first week =)

For Literotica I definitely have a few darker works coming up, as discussed here on my blog, and I've also been working on an outline for a follow-up series to Being the Maid starring Samuel.  I definitely want to finish some of the series that I started and never completed, like Instruction and From Terra.  And, of course, working on the reader requests that come my way =)
So yeah, that's what I'm working towards!

How can readers discover more about you and your work? (Thanks Queenie for thinking of this one =)
Website: 
Facebook: Not on it currently... thinking about making a Golden Angel page but I'm afraid no one would friend me =P

Thank you all SO MUCH for all the amazing questions, I can't believe what an incredible response my request got and how many different questions people came up with!  Some of which I had no idea anyone would be interested in LOL.  

No comments :

Post a Comment