Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Impatience

You'd think that considering how long it takes me to write a chapter (well, sometimes... sometimes I do it pretty quickly) that I'd be more patient about the time it takes between submission and publication, but I'm just not.  I want to know what people think! And also I feel bad that there's any extra wait, especially with something like chapter 3 of Marriage Training considering how long it took me to finish it in the first place.  *sigh* 

SO.

For those of you wondering about Venus... there was such a long break there where I wasn't able to work on it as much as I would like to that I started feeling like I'd half-forgotten what was going on.  So I slowed down on actual writing and went back and started re-reading all three books. Good thing I did too... there were some things that I'd definitely forgotten.  I'm almost done with re-reading Venus Desiring (should finish that tonight), at which point I will start focusing my efforts on finishing writing Venus Transcendent.  Before this I was focusing mostly on the Victorian stuff because I wanted to get Birching His Bride out and because I hate making people wait too long between Lit chapters.  Now I'm going to be focusing 50% on Venus, 30% on Marriage Training and 20% Dealing With Discipline.  Will I be able to finish Venus by the end of April? 

I'm hopeful but by no means sure. 

It has several factors... I'll have a better by mid-April. But I'll shift my focus more to it if I need to, but I have a feeling that it's going to practically write itself.  I'm feeling very motivated from my re-read... and also excited because I'm looking forward to wrapping everything up and moving on to the next Stronghold character.  I've got the good juju. 

I got a fair amount of work done on Marriage Training yesterday too and I've started Dealing With Discipline. Despite it still being busy season I am starting to have more time to write and I cannot tell you how exciting that is for me.  It's sooooo nice to be able to get some of what's going in my head out onto paper.  The dam hasn't burst yet, but some major trickles are coming through!

No comments :

Post a Comment