Thursday, July 26, 2012

Billionaire Romances

I've been reading a lot of these lately.  I'm not sure why. They're so unrealistic, but they're also a lot of fun. Elizabeth Lennox has a ton and I got rather hooked on her for awhile. Lots of yummy alpha males and miscommunications that are rather frustrating. But I read them anyway, even when I want to strangle the characters for not talking to each other and creating a lot of needless drama in their life.

I might have to try my hand at one of these eventually. I'm having trouble coming up with story lines. I'm a little in awe of the authors who manage to do so, actually.  Especially the blackmail ones. They're exceptionally creative. If anyone has any ideas for me, feel free to share =P

The other thing that reading these makes me want to do is write some more realistic romances, every day romances that people can actually relate to instead of wishing for the fantasy. I've got a few ideas coming along with that, although Sarah's Private Dick or Venus Aspiring could probably be considered my first foray into that arena. Of course, the latter is also menage, so some people might consider that pure fantasy but I'm doing my best to make it as realistic as possible =)

I worked a ton on Venus Aspiring yesterday, I think I'm probably about a third of the way through the book.  I'm hoping to finish it earlier than my target date of August 31, but we'll see. I'm not going to get my hopes up until I get closer to the date! Probably going to take a bit of a break from my favorite trio today and try to get some more done on the chapters for Literotica. 

Also, I've put up the cover for the third Poker Loser book up on its page if you're interested. Unfortunately I don't have a description or teaser excerpt yet, but I'll let you know when I do =)

No comments :

Post a Comment