Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Looking to the Future

Things are going well with Venus. I'm onto Chapter 14... although of course some scenes are getting extended beyond what I originally planned. Mostly horny characters jumping each other. Which is fine, I'm certainly not going to stop them =) Things are getting very close to being wrapped up which is super exciting, although I'm realizing that things are not going to be completely wrapped into a neat little bow for everyone. Mostly because I can't stand the books that have characters meeting and getting married within a couple of months (or less!)... BUT that doesn't mean that it won't happen eventually since we'll be seeing everyone in the rest of the Stronghold series as that goes along. To me the important thing is that everyone knows where their future is headed, and we'll get to see some of it from the other Stronghold books. =)

In other news... AquaPrincessIsNowQueen has convinced me that Olivia should have her own book.  So I'll be adding that to the Stronghold series once I figure out where it fits in and she's been helping me create a storyline... this is going to be a major challenge for me when it comes along since I've never written a story, much less a book, with a Domme.  At least, not one where there wasn't also a Dom involved. But I'm looking forward to it too... so major thanks to AquaPrincess for talking me into it and helping me develop the storyline.  At the moment I'm thinking that hers will be the last book in the series... although if other side characters become beloved then perhaps I'll end up with more books. But each book is going to be a standalone, focused on one couple at a time. I'm toying with the idea of doing another trio book, but haven't really gotten far with the idea... it's just a kernal.

Anyway, now that we're getting close to the end of Venus, just wanted to go over the line-up for the Stronghold series which will be following it... and I'll be working on it at the same time as the Domestic Discipline Quartet.

1. Stronghold - Adam 
2. Taming the Tease - Rick Winter (Wooo Mr. Winter!!!)
3. Protector - Patrick & Lexie
4. Bound to the Past - Andrew
5. Breaking the Chain - Jared
6. (Currently Unnamed) - Michael (you'll meet him in Stronghold)
7. (Currently Unnamed) - Olivia

As well as a book of novellas which will have Charity & Nick's story, Paul and Fiona's (<--- Venus School characters) and Jake's (Lexie's brother).  May also include a couple bonus novellas with more of Jessica, Justin and Chris, and Hilary and Liam peeking into their lives post-Quartet.  

Venus Transcendent will have a teaser for Stronghold at the end of it and later in May I'll be posting another teaser for it on the blog, although my focus is going to very quickly go to getting out Dealing with Discipline sometime in June. Don't want to make people wait too long for that one since Birching His Bride has ended up being my most popular book in its first month to date! I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that there really aren't too many Victorian era books quite like it. I found a niche =) It makes me happy! Although obviously I'm not planning on stopping writing my contemporary stuff anytime soon LOL.

4 comments :

  1. Love Love the idea of a Domme book!! It's a subject that I'm highly interested in not only as a reader but in RL and trying to find a book (fiction) on the subject that isn't poorly written is, well let's just say I haven't been able too... I know that you will do it justice because you are awesome like that :-)

    -Natasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww well thank you! I hope I live up to your expectations =)

      I'm not sure I would have been able to get up the gumption to do so if it wasn't for these three books, which are the only ones I've read that got me interested in maybe trying one out myself:

      1. Vanilla on Top (not super Domme-y but I loved it): http://www.amazon.com/Vanilla-Walk-Wild-Side-ebook/dp/B00BFQEFPY/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1367581953&sr=1-1

      2. The Secret Heart: http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Heart-Romance-Aerie-ebook/dp/B008NIGX7A/ref=la_B006PLPX64_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367582029&sr=1-4

      3. crap I can't find the third one... lol. I can't remember what it's called. I'll keep looking through my Kindle.

      Anyway, not sure that you'll agree with me that the other two are any good but I enjoyed them =) The first one is more a woman exploring the idea of being sexually in control and the second has a fair amount of switching but they both have some seriously sexy scenes of women being dominant =)

      Delete
  2. I think maybe your newest book sold the best simply because you become better known with each book. I've seen plenty of long-running series make the NYT best-seller lists AFTER they'd already hit their peaks and started to go downhill. Sales really aren't a measure of quality.

    This is not to run down your latest book, just some thoughts about to look at things a bit differently. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that too but I'm hoping it also has to do with the fact that there aren't too many romantic Victorian DD/spanking books =)

      Delete