Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank You Veterans & Wives






It's really hard to find a way to say thank you enough.  Being in the military is one of the hardest ways of life that I've ever seen.

Since high school I've known that there are several professions that I would never want to date / marry someone in and the military is at the top of that list. Because I am not that strong. I have a lot of friends who are military wives and I can't even imagine what they go through while their husbands are away. Not only loneliness, but anxiety, fear and the knowledge that their husband has put himself in harm's way. Sure, anyone could die in a car accident or get hit by a bus any day, but there's a difference between that and actively seeking out danger. I'd end up having all sorts of high blood pressure issues I'm sure.

As much as I admire my friends and family who are military, I admire their wives as well. 

Hm. Just had a thought. I don't personally know any, but I admire military husbands as well. While I know a few women in the military, at the moment none of them are married, but obviously it goes both ways.

Being in the military is something I once considered doing, but I know very well I could never be a military wife. I'd go insane with my over active imagination and I'd be too afraid of being a crappy support and of adding to my husband's burden. Considering that I already do that every time my husband is late coming home from his day job, worrying about car accidents, etc., I'm completely in awe of those who wait for their loved ones to come home from war zones.

One of my good friends is deploying again in January and that's driving me up the wall.

Men and women of the military, I salute you. Wives and husbands of the military, I think you're unsung heroes and I cannot express my admiration for you in enough words. Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you have made.

No comments :

Post a Comment