Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the World?

Probably not.  A lot of people who actually study the Mayans believe that this is the end of an 'era' after which we move into a new world consciousness. Which sounds interesting and hopefully good to me =)
 
At any rate, let's hope it's not the end of the world because I just submitted Chapter 10 of Being the Maid last night. Man is it looooong. Ended up being 6 Literotica pages, which is over 30 pages in Word. I knew it was going to be ridiculously long.  But I think I'm pretty happy with it... just nervous that other people won't be happy with it. Considering everything that Bridget went through... well let's just say that putting some romance into that wasn't the easiest thing in the world!!! So that should be out within the next couple of days. I'm going to be super curious as to what everyone thinks.
 
Kind of a relief to be done with it... and at the same time kind of sad. I really enjoyed those characters. And, to be perfectly honest, it's much easier to write something new than it is to return to something old and finish it. Completing Witch is going to be a whole new kind of challenge for me. Which is good =) I'd hate to be resting easy on my laurels or anything lol.
 
I also want to put out a few standalones. It's harder to do those though, because people usually want some kind of continuation. And sometimes I end up wanting the story to continue even though I originally mean it to be a standalone LOL.  It's very complimentary that people want the characters and story to continue, but sometimes I'm only good for the one go.  The series that I write take a lot of motivation and drive behind them, because they take so much more effort. And sometimes I just don't have that kind of motivation and drive to continue the story. I can usually tell from the beginning whether or not it's going to be one I can continue - I didn't use to be able to do that, but after having been doing this for years now I'm usually able to tell right off the bat.
 
Anyway. If you're worried about the world ending and you're hoping to survive, make sure you remember William Shatner's advice - Don't wear a red shirt ;)

1 comment :

  1. I hate waiting for lit to up load. it seems like forever when you're dying to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete