Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Where I'm At

I really am like THISCLOSE to finishing Being the Maid.  It's a long, long, last chapter. Which I knew it was going to be. So far over 30 pages in Word. And someone commented on the last one wondering why I didn't just finish it there... cuz it's a LONG last chapter!

Anyway. I was wavering yesterday on whether or not I was happy with it (which is a horrifying prospect when you're as close to finishing a story as I am, when you start doubting the entire last chapter that you've written). I've received some reassurance on the direction that I'm going in and I'm hoping to finish it very soon... within the next couple of days. Which will hopefully mean that it will be available sometime next week on Lit. That's the plan at the moment anyway.

And then I'll start working on completing Witch, although I may also throw out a couple of standalone shorts like Cabin Boy. As much as I do enjoy the long stories, sometimes I need to just get something hot and sexy and short out... relieves the pressure in my brain after writing something more complex ;) Witch is another very detailed story line and the characters are already set up to go through some major changes. Although I do know how I want it to end. Which is good. I just have to write it out =)

I really try not to talk about world events / political events etc. on this blog... I don't want it to become a place where I just vent out my issues with the world. It would be all to easy for my blog to become a bunch of my rants about my strong viewpoints.  I want it to stay focused on my writing, what's going on with my characters, and occasional glimpses into my life. However, I haven't been able to get the events from Newton, CT out of my head since Friday and so I just wanted to give some kind of... I don't know... acknowledgment of the heroes of that day, my grief for those who were lost, and my thoughts and prayers to all of those effected by the tragedy. Take the time to give your children a hug, to give a friend a call, to reach out and let the people that you love know that you love them.

2 comments :

  1. How is Venus Transcendent coming along?
    #nopressure
    Tx

    ReplyDelete