Monday, August 12, 2013

Marriage Training Ch. 12

Sooo Chapter 12 of Marriage Training is now out!

Kinda curious how people are going to react to this one... more curious than usual, that is.  The original idea for the story has already changed somewhat in reaction to reader comments, etc.  Originally Vivian wasn't going to have any kind of rebellion at all, but once people mentioned it I thought hey... that's a really good point... and decided to add it in.  Although, of course, I added it in as a plot point by Mrs. Cunningham and Mrs. Banks rather than it being something that surprised them (because, at this point in their careers, I didn't find that believable). 

It seems that some readers who comment want Vivian to be something other than she is.  She's not the fiery, spirited, rebellious type of heroine like Bridget from Being the Maid or even Alanna from Submission.  She's a different kind submissive than either of them and she was always meant to be.  I think I'd get bored if I had the same kind of submissive every story.  It's actually a lot of fun for me to explore playing with someone who doesn't fight back even when she wants to.

The whole rebellion thing has led me to an interesting place though, one which I didn't expect.  Vivian has hidden depths to her that I didn't realize.  I think some people who really wanted a rebellion will be upset that it's over so quickly, but personally I'm really happy with the way that it all turned out.  This was always meant to be a darker BDSM series with the themes of non-consent and the whole Victorian-era fantasy type thing going on.  Things are actually much softer and more romantic than I originally intended, although I like that as well.

I've mentioned several times in the comments section that I'm planning on making this into a book, and eventually a series.  Doing this one a little bit differently though.  The series that I have planned out actually comes before the events in Marriage Training.  I had a series planned out for a governess and the two daughters of the man she eventually marries, and I hadn't planned anything for the son yet, and as I was writing the first chapter of this book I was like "hey... this would be a great storyline for the son."  So the others are kinda going to be prequels to this book.

There's a LOT that's going to go into the book that's not on Literotica though.  There's going to be a lot of extended scenes, as well as a secondary story line between Mrs. Banks and Dr. Monroe, and also the end of the Lit series is not going to be the end of the book.  It's also going to introduce an idea I've had called The Society of Sin, which is a group of people who are all like Lord Cranbourne when it comes to what they want in the bedroom - both men and women.  It's a similar idea to Spanking Societies if you've ever read any books that have those.  And I'm going to write a LOT of books about the Society... I've got a whole bunch of side books plotted out that aren't part of the main series I'll be writing for it.

So that'll be my Victorian project after I'm done with the Domestic Discipline Quartet.  Although Marriage Training may come out before the final book of the Quartet.  I do have some writing to do on the extra scenes and stuff once I'm done with Lit, but I'm hoping those won't take too long.  I've already done a bunch of them. =)

Okay... so that's some of my plans for the future.   And, of course, I'm working on Stronghold and I've just gotten to the part where Adam finds out that Angel is actually submissive, and my fingers are flying!

6 comments :

  1. I'd pray for fall to get here faster, but then you wouldn't have enough time to finish. Oh well, keep up the great work, loved Ch 12 and can't wait to read Stronghold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope it gets here soon too but I hope I manage to keep up on my time table for Stronghold!

      Delete
  2. I loved ch 12!!!!! Cant wait for Ch 13 and cant wait for Stronghold! I am glad to hear that Marriage Training will become a book, I will definitely buy it!!!!!!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks I'm glad you liked it =) I'm looking forward to Chapter 13 too... and to the book... and to Stronghold... lol

      Delete
  3. Yay! That makes my day. I know you commented on literotica that you've been reading Carolyn Faulkner, who I love. I have a hard time finding Victorian era stories that I enjoy as much as hers so I am absolutely loving your Marriage Training and can not WAIT now for your new series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I'm actually going to do a blog of Carolyn Faulkner later this week. It IS really hard finding the Victorian spanking stories that are good... My goal is to be included in that category with the Domestic Discipline Quartet and later the Society of Sin books. WOOT!

      Delete