Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Over 100,000!

Wow, so a HUGE thank you to everyone who reads this blog!  I can't believe it's already hit over 100,000 views... makes me feel good! =)

I check every day to see if the next chapter of Marriage Training has been published yet, but I think Lit's Summer Contest is slowing down the submissions that aren't part of it (as contests usually do).  Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of it!

I'm chugging right through Stronghold and I think I'm still on target for an October release date, although I can't yet tell you whether it will be early, mid or late October.  I'm aiming for mid, but we'll see... it'll depend on how fast I can write and edit =)  So far it's going really well... I might have another teaser up in the next couple of weeks.  It's a little different from the Venus series since each couple is only getting one book, which means that a lot more information needs to be packed in all at once.  As well as character development, etc.  Ack!  Definitely a challenge.  It'll be interesting to see how it comes out.

The Domestic Discipline series made me a little nervous, like Stronghold is now, because it was my first series completely unrelated to Literotica.  The Stronghold series is only very loosely to do with Lit, since it's a spin-off of the Venus Rising quartet, but it's nerve-wracking in its own way.  With the DD quartet, I knew going in that Edwin and Eleanor's story was going to continue on in the second book.  With Stronghold I know I have to get it all wrapped up in one book... in a satisfying manner.

But it's a LOT of fun and I'm so happy I get to hang with the characters.  Honestly, I haven't seen quite as much of the Venus characters as I was expecting, but I've enjoyed what I have seen of them.  The guys have come up a lot more often than the girls, which makes sense since they're already friends with Adam whereas Jessica and Hilary have just met Angel.  I'm having the most fun with Lexie though... she and Angel get along really well and she is just popping up in all sorts of entertaining instances.  Poor Patrick has his hands full.

Also, the characters are finally cooperating again.  I think I've finally hit upon an outline that everyone's happy with (for the moment) and the words are really just starting to flow out of me again.  Which is great.  I was having a little bit of a block last week - and not just on Stronghold, on writing in general.  I wasn't at a standstill, but I was definitely having trouble with getting any real amount of work done.  Not anymore!  Yay!

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations on 100.000 views!!!!!

    I love how dynamic and rich the worlds you paint in your stories are and I am looking forward to the Stronghold series. Sounds like you are having fun! woot woot!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've written 2 1/2 chapters so far this week and I'm hoping to make that around 3 1/2 before the week is over! ;)

      Delete