Monday, December 29, 2014

Looking Back on 2014

Holy crap it's been a good year!!!

I finished Taken by the Wolf for Lit, which was a big deal for me because that story got kind of out of hand with plot LOL.  It became so much more complicated than I had originally planned!  But I had a good time with it, and it's possible I will eventually do a book of sci-fi romance that will take place on the planet that Alex and Bella ended up on - although they would NOT be the main characters.  It's just a thought.  Starting From Terra was good, even though it's obvious I'm not going to meet my goal from January of finishing it before the end of this year.  I'm also obviously not going to finish the other two series that I'd wanted to this year (Tomboy Tease and Homeschooled), but that'll just give me a goal for next year!!!

Looking back at my goals for this year...

*sigh*

I still haven't been to a strip club.

Maybe this year.  I'm going to stop making it a goal though, because I apparently suck at fulfilling it.

I did much better with my writing goals than my life goals LOL.  I managed to finish the Domestic Discipline, totally completing a series for the first time ever =)  I don't really consider the Venus Rising Quartet totally completed, just because it got a spin-off series which is still ongoing and the characters are a part of.  And I published both Taming the Tease and Mastering Lexie (and kinda got the 2nd one in just under the gun!).

Even though I didn't publish the book version of Marriage Training, I feel like I've done some pretty significant progress on it, since there's a writing agent interested in it, and so that makes me feel pretty good.  Lots of suggestions have been made from the agent about changing it for book format that I'm really excited about, so I'm kind of glad I didn't get it self-published this past year =)

I feel pretty good about this past year, even though I didn't make all my goals (including my bonus goal *sigh*).  I'm really glad that the Stronghold series is going so well and that people really seem to be enjoying Lexie & Patrick's book!  I'm looking forward to where the series is going to go this year. I'm also looking forward to starting a new series, although I don't know if I'm going to go futuristic or Victorian for it... probably Victorian.  There's a book I've been working on for almost a year and a half now, whenever I'm not doing anything else, so there's only a few chapters written for it, but I think I'm going to go ahead and concentrate on getting it out this year.  No connection to Marriage Training. 

Anyway.  So yeah.  I'm really happy with this past year and the stuff I've put out... I hope everyone else has been too.  I know I've been really grateful for the help I've received, for all the reviews you guys have written, and for the comments that I get throughout the year, on here, Facebook and Twitter =)  I love hearing from you all!

Next blog will be New Years Day, about all the stuff I hope to accomplish this year!

2 comments :

  1. I love what you've been writing this year! Please never stop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you so much! I certainly don't plan to =)

      Delete