Friday, September 27, 2019

Fall Feelings

My goodness I can't believe it's already fall!

And I haven't gotten done half of what I'd like to this year.

Or, well, maybe about half. But since the year is 3/4 of the way over, that's still not very encouraging!

It has been a great year though - some things are just harder with a baby around and I've learned that. My brain doesn't work quite the same as it used to and I write a lot slower, although the pace is very slowly starting to pick up again. Earlier this year I'd say it was taking me 3-4 days to write a chapter, now it's more like 2-3. So yay... improvement. It's just a bit lowering since before baby I was able to write a chapter a day, sometimes more. And it's hard not to feel like I'm letting people down, because my books aren't coming out as quickly as I would like them to.

But baby first. And she's such a little miracle. Since I work a day job I don't get nearly enough time with her. A little bit in the morning before I leave for work and then I try to soak up all the time I can between getting home from work and her bedtime, and as much as I can on the weekends... but I also need time with hubby and my friends and family, and some me time for my sanity... and man it's a balancing act. At this point, I'm very much like - just doing my best. That's all I can do!

And it has been an amazing year so far. I've been part of three anthologies that I was thrilled to do and I have one more (which will release at the very beginning of 2020) and I'm now officially a part of the Black Light family which is SO COOL!

Other than the last anthology I'm a part of this year (it's pirates and spankings, I couldn't say no...) I'm trying to get myself refocused on my own series now. It was really nice having the time off, especially after finishing TWO series last year, for my brain to kind recharge and get back into things =P

Like I said, I'm slower than I was, but one nice thing about having one of my books be a cowrite is that it moves a lot faster! Lee and I are hard at work on the second Tsenturion Masters book and I am loving it SO MUCH. It also feels good because with the way we write, I'm back up to a chapter a day LOL. At least for that book. And it's releasing in just a few weeks!

I think there are going to be a lot of surprises - Bogdan surprised both of us a lot - as well as some things coming to fruition that we started setting up in the first book. In other words, the shit is seriously going to hit the fan. Personally, I thought we left a lot of clues about things that are to come in the first book... but I also saw a review where the reader apparently thought they were plotholes, so who knows LOL.

Alien Tribute is my main focus right now, since it's coming out so soon, but I'm also working on Venus Wedding, which will be kind of an epilogue book to both the Venus Rising Quartet and the Stronghold Doms series and will be told from multiple points of views (very similar to Pieces of Stronghold) and His Pretty Kitty which will be the next Planets Apart book for my Sinistre Ange titles! I'm also working on another collaboration with Raisa Greywood for our Happily Never After series (Sinistre Ange again ;) that we're hoping to have out on Valentine's Day =P

There's so much to do though...

I really wanted to have the first Masters of Marquis book out this year but that's super unlikely at this point, I think. The short story in the Love and Vice Anthology short story, Doctor's Orders, will have to count as my Marquis contribution for this year lol. At the very least, it gives everyone a peek at the two main characters for the first book!

I also wanted to have at least one new Victorian era book out this year, but again... super unlikely to happen. I haven't even started one. I do know what's up with all the characters, but they'll be coming next year at the earliest.

So for sure, Alien Tribute and Venus Wedding will be out before the end of 2019. Anything else is up in the air.

Because of my writing pace, I don't want to even try to guesstimate when I might have a Victorian or Marquis story out next year, but I am committed to a Happily-Never-After book on Valentine's Day and Chasing Her Lion (the final Big Bad Bunnies book!) on April Fool's Day (per usual ;). Oh, and that pirate anthology I mentioned will be out on January 20th =P

On than that, I am planning on doing one Marquis book, one Victorian book, and one more book as yet to be determined next year =P It might be a second Marquis / Victorian book, it might be another Sinistre Ange book, it might be something else entirely! All depends on how my brain is feeling. but yeah, that's what we have to look forward to!

<3

No comments :

Post a Comment