Thursday, December 30, 2021

#TBT - Bound to the Past

 Remember that time I put Vivian Murdoch's hubby's ass on one of my covers? 🤣


Yup, that's her hubby and she took the picture because in addition to being an awesome author, she's also a talented photographer.

Fun story, before I get to talking about Andrew & Kate, a while back, Viv posted a bunch of photos and was like "These were just for fun but I'd like to eventually take photos that people would put on their covers"

And I commented "Yes, I'd like that one please." 🤣

And then I put that ass on a cover lol.

So. Andrew and Kate.

I knew what their story was going to be so SO long before I wrote it. I knew when I first introduced him in the Venus Rising series that he was going to eventually be getting back together with his ex. There were VERY SPECIFIC things I wanted to do (really, NOT do) with their second chance romance.

I did NOT want Kate to have been pining away for him for the past seven years. Or him for her. Sure, he had all sorts of issues that stemmed back from what went down with her, BUT he wasn't like "oh, the one that got away." (even though that was what all his friends assumed).

I did NOT want them to be like "oh, my ex from forever ago was the best sex I ever had and no one since has lived up to them."

I did NOT want Kate to have never had a serious relationship in between hers ending with Andrew and then meeting him again (which is why she'd had a serious boyfriend and Dom during that time).
I did NOT want them to just hop back into bed together and she's totally fine with all his playboy ways and accepted the explanation of "oh, well, i told the subs how it was." Nope, she was gonna call him on that shit.

And that's why it took so long for them to get together, even after she was introduced to the series in Pieces of Stronghold, because not all of that was going to fit in one book.

I had SO much fun with these two, taking them down a second chance romance path that I haven't seen done often, if ever. I loved getting to see Andrew acknowledge and mend his playboy ways. I loved seeing them work their way back to each other, rather than falling neatly into place just because they're back in each other's proximity.

And most of all, I really loved getting to explore what can happen when kink goes wrong due to inexperience, how that can affect the people involved, and how differently three different people can view the same event.

What did you think about Bound to the Past? Were there any surprises for you? Did you think it was a pretty typical second chance romance? And had you read the previous books and had any thoughts about what you thought would go down when Andrew and Kate finally got together?

No comments :

Post a Comment