Thursday, October 27, 2022

#TBT - Friends With Benefits With Rope


 #TBT to Bondage Buddies! Gotta love those friends with benefits with rope. No strings attached, just rope. LOL.

So, funny story about Mitch and Domi... they were not originally supposed to end up together. When I first started writing the Baby Doms in the Stronghold books, I realized they were going to end up needing their own books, which is when the idea for Masters of Marquis started to simmer in my brain. But, of course, they needed partners.

Came up with the class of newbie subs and started to pair them off in my head. Kincaid and Domi, Brian and Rae, Mitch and Sam, and I wasn't sure if Morgan and Zach were going to be a thing or if he was going to end up with another character and she would be a villain.

Yeah. If you've been reading this series, you know that only two out of eight characters decided to cooperate with that plan. Sam had NO interest in Mitch (and it took me a bit to figure out why and that she was a switch). Kincaid and Domi liked each other, but the romantic chemistry just wsn't there, and then Kincaid started chasing Zach and all bets were off.

Then I realized that Mitch and Domi would actually work REALLY well together. I also decided to make her a single mom. I wanted to explore a health co-parenting situation along with the single mom thing, and also have Mitch go from playboy Dom to family guy 😃 That's a lot of pressure! But he was totally up to the challenge.

About halfway through the book, I had another revelation - the model on the cover of Bondage Buddies was in the exact same pose as Kevin on the cover of Dungeon Master. Wouldn't it be funny if they were father and son?

Wait...

WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY IF THEY WERE FATHER AND SON?!

A few tweaks to earlier in the story, change up the outline for the second half of the book, and BOOM. It's my favorite connection between series that I've ever done.

Grab your copy now! 

No comments :

Post a Comment