Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday the 13th

Funny enough, I love Friday the 13th.  Not the movie.  The day.  I usually have really good days on Friday the 13th.

Today... eh.  Mostly cuz I woke up not feeling well at ALL.  Unfortunately, I can't call sick out of work because it's THAT TIME of year and I didn't have a fever and wasn't throwing up, and my stupid sense of morality wouldn't let me lie about it and call out sick.  An overactive conscious can be seriously inconvenient.   Hubby's been feeling not-so-hot too.  We might be skipping the "going out" Valentine's Day plans and staying in if I don't end up feeling better by tomorrow morning.  Which I'm not too optimistic about because we can't miss my father-in-law's birthday tonight, which will probably keep us out somewhat late, and I have to get up and come into work tomorrow.  Because it's THAT TIME of year.

In the meantime, I'm drinking lots of Bolthouse Farms' Green Goodness (which, if I'd been drinking on the regular like I usually do, I bet I wouldn't have gotten sick), Yogi tea's Throat Comfort, Dayquil, etc. etc.

I'm also getting some writing done.  I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through my Dark Angel book... which I'm probably just going to call Hathor.  No, most people don't know who Hathor is, but if they google it then I'll look clever for calling a hucow book that.  LOL.  Cuz I'm all about making sure that people know that I'm clever.  Btw, as far as I can tell, "clever" on Doctor Who means freaking genius, so there ya go.  Anyway.  I'm hoping to have that done and released sometime next month and then I'll be focusing on the Stronghold novella.  Yes, of course I'm also working on Marriage Training, but I have no idea when that might be coming out since I'm trying to do the traditional publishing route for that.

There are soooo many ideas percolating in my head for the Stronghold novella that I'm really excited about.  Since I'm breaking it up into so many different POVs, I'm figuring out what's going on with each couple and what their POV chapter is going to be about.  If you didn't get the YellowSilkDreams newsletter with Will & Gina's short, that's also going to be included in this novella =)  Since I'm doing the diff POVs anyway.  I'm having a blast coming up with everything that's going to be packed into this novella.  It's nice to be working on the Dark Angela novella while I let all this stuff whirl around my head, like it's a stew that's cooking and the longer it's cooked, the thicker and more complex all the flavors become.  That's how I tend to think about my stories while they're evolving inside my head, and that's why I always take breaks in between the books to work on a different series.  Gotta give the characters time to stew.

Should have the next chapter of Homeschooled submitted sometime soon too.  Feeling super accomplished about finishing these previously started series on Lit. This one is going to be especially fun, because Becky is a dirty dirty girl and she's eventually going to be a hot little slutwife.  That's where I'm headed anyway.  I swear, I don't have anything against home schooling, although I know it might seem that way from some of the stories that I write, my issue is with the people who use homeschooling to try to brainwash their children and keep them from certain realities of the world, because, from what I've seen (having known quite a few people who were homeschooled), the ones whose parents did it for those reasons are INCREDIBLY easy to take advantage of in some ways.  They're also kind of crazy sometimes.  Fortunately, I've mostly met totally normal ones who have totally normal lives... but there are some out there whose parents have done them a major disservice, all in the name of controlling them completely.

Anyway.  I think that's enough of my Dayquil-induced ramblings.  I hope you've enjoyed.  I was like THISCLOSE to calling this blog "boobies" and just rambling on about Hathor, hucows and other boobie related things.  Hooray for boobies!  (that's a song, FYI, in case you didn't know. Bloodhound Gang.  Look it up.  Great song.)

2 comments :

  1. Ack! I hope you feel well to enjoy today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Unfortunately I was sick all weekend and hubby and I canceled our V-day date, but that turned out to be for the best because there was a MAJOR snow squall that we would have canceled dinner for anyway even if I hadn't been sick. I spent all weekend curled up on the couch. Wish I could say I'm better today, but at least I'm feeling better than i was on Saturdday. That's something!

      Delete