Friday, May 6, 2022

Oops, April Didn't Happen - A Ramble

 So I didn't update this blog at all in April.

Oops.

Lots of things were going on. I was coming to crunch time on finishing Law & Disorder and getting it to the editor, A Season for Smugglers release was coming up... and then the toddler brought home COVID from school.

It ended up being a bit of a month.

Thankfully, we had the 'mild' cases (which sucked balls, btw), but it definitely did a number on my brain and on my writing speed, which put Law & Disorder even further behind. Thankfully, I managed to finish it anyway and now I've moved on to working on Taco Daddy.

Yeah. You read that right.

And I'm world building.

He's not only a part of Chef Daddy's world, there's also a Cheese Daddy (who will appear in the Dirty Daddies Spring Anthology next year) and a Plant Daddy.

And all three of these new daddies go to the Outlands. That's right! More glimpses of the characters from Dungeons & Doms as well =D 

I'm super excited about all of it.

In the meantime, we're enjoying the nicer weather of spring. Little Fuss is THRILLED to be able to run around outside and eat dinner on our back porch. Sometimes she still asks to go 'home,' by which she means our old house, but it's less and less. Getting COVID kicked it off again but that was the first time in a while that she had asked for that and I think it was just because she was feeling SO sick, poor baby.

I'm continuing to celebrate book releases by putting together my dream office. For A Season for Smugglers, I redid the clothing closet in my office to be a supply closet.


It mkes me really happy. Especially since everything that you can see in the closet there was originally sitting in a corner of the room. *shudder* The disorganization and clutter was starting to get to me. I'm not sure what I'm going to get next. I think it's either going to be a bookshelf (to go in the corner where all that clutter was) or a filing cabinet.

And these are the things I get excited about as an adult... LOL. 

Alrighty, time for me to get back to work, but I'm going to try to keep the blog up better this month! <3

No comments :

Post a Comment