Thursday, May 31, 2012

Creative Block

Today I hit a bit of a creative block. It wasn't that I didn't feel like writing...  I did.  I just hated everything that was coming from my finger tips.  Whether it was erotica, an email, or trying to work on a non-erotic book... and this is probably the latest in the day I've written a blog.  It's hard, especially when I've been as prolific as I have been and have started up so quickly again, to find something new to write about sometimes.

Especially with Venus School of Sex. I think I'm almost purposefully writing slow on the next chapter, not because I don't know where the next chapter is going to go, but because I'm sitting there thinking - oh God, what am I going to do for her next week of classes?! And part of me wishes that I'd only made the school a week long... talk about a challenge for me! The main problem is wondering where do I go in the classes that she's already taken a couple of?

I surprised myself with her Light BDSM class with Mr. Fire. I'd never written a story before that involved so much verbal submissiveness, as opposed to being handled physically by the Master.  Because it's the physical that normally turns me on. But I ended up branching out a little bit... mostly because that day I had a creative spurt rather than a creative block. I could use another spurt right now.  I'm about halfway through the chapter of Jessica's Saturday night, her Sunday isn't going to take that long because she's going to spend it mostly recovering from Saturday and then we're back to classes...

So what do I do when I hit these blocks?

Take a short break. Typing was rough today anyway because I accidentally stabbed my hand yesterday while cooking... pretty deep stab in the web between my index finger and thumb.  Kinda surprised I can use all my fingers, to be perfectly honest. I can type, but it makes my finger ache a little.  So I made myself do about half an hour of writing - I don't want to get out of the habit and some days you just have to kinda force it a little - and I spent my evening reading. Mercedes Lackey's most recent Valdemar book.  Pretty good. Not at all erotic. But it was a nice break. And I went to the gym, which I hadn't done in awhile. I've been sitting in front of my computer typing every evening for the past week. 

I'm also working on another story - although not a series.  I intersperse my series with stand alone short stories because sometimes I need to write something different in order to keep my creative juices flowing within the series.  The one I'm working on right now will go into the Mind Control category. 

So now I'm going to go read some more, even though part of me wants to be writing... a night off is a good thing for everybody.  Hopefully tomorrow my creative juices will be flowing again!

3 comments :

  1. They may have aging computers stuffed to the rafters with seven years of
    family photos, music downloads and game software.

    Then you need to produce SEO blogs with the sole purpose where they address the requirements of
    Australian audience. The success for an SEO campaign should not be measured by
    having many #1's but should be measured on overall visibility and
    traffic to the website.

    my web page :: pressandreleases.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write a unique, original content out of what you get from these sources.
    Content optimization is providing enough of the right kind of information,
    properly formatted, to demonstrate to the search engines that you have the information
    that searcher seeks and, if done properly, can result in greater visibility with your target audience via organic search engine results.
    One thing you can do is employ free and low cost online marketing tactics in your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The game is won by the person or the group that scores the
    maximum holes. Content optimization is providing enough of the right kind of information, properly
    formatted, to demonstrate to the search engines that you have the information that searcher seeks and,
    if done properly, can result in greater visibility with your target audience via organic
    search engine results. Signing up for a good auto responder service is
    always helpful.

    My site pressandreleases.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete