Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Waiting Game

Waiting for stories that I've submitted to appear in the "New Story" feed is always a source of extreme impatience for me.  I never know when they're going to appear.  I can see on my own author feed that they've been read... but sometimes it takes only a day before they're up and sometimes it's many days.

The next chapter for Venus School of Sex has been waiting for awhile. It has a backlog of two chapters behind it.  There are two chapters for Submission waiting. The conclusion to Living With Uncle John. And I just submitted a new House of Fantasy story yesterday... not too impatient about that one since I just put it in. 

I just hate waiting. I'm not good at it. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl (like most of my generation), and that's part of why I love Literotica. Usually the stories get up pretty quickly and then I get feedback pretty quickly. 

I think part of my impatience is also because I'm writing about some things that I haven't before and I want to know how they'll be received.  Jessica's Friday BDSM class is all about verbal commands, rather than being touched by Mr. Fire.  Her weekend activities ended up surprising and fascinating me as I was writing them.  Just a hint?... Some fun with berries and a paintbrush. There's a dance for Saturday night planned. I haven't written that chapter yet but I know what's going to happen and I'm excited... I know what she's going to be wearing and I wish I owned something like it. Might have to make it maybe. But I'm really nervous and anxious to find out what people think about the three chapters that are currently waiting to be approved.

I like stepping out of my comfort zone and trying out new ideas, but it's also scary. I take a lot of pride in writing a good story and it makes me really happy to know that people are enjoying what I write. That's really the whole point, after all, is that I want people to enjoy it. Of course there are always the occasional anonymous comments to get under my skin, and sometimes people want things to be 100% realistic where as I tend to lean towards writing as an idealized fantasy, but I always hope that overall... people will think it's sexy.  And I'm not sure if people are going to think the things Jessica and Mr. Flood do with berries are sexy or gross.

Maybe a little bit of both.

At any rate. There are chapters submitted, waiting to be approved. I'm continuing working. I think the Venus School is going to end up being practically a novella by the time I'm done with it. Do I know where it's going and who she ends up with? Yes... or at least, I know what I was originally planning, although now I'm considering doing 3 alternate endings.  I got the idea off of another writer (blanking on the user name) who is doing 2 completely separate plot lines for a story. At first I was just going to write the ending that made me happy, but I've gotten a couple of comments / emails from people that make me want to give people the choose their own adventure =)

No comments :

Post a Comment