Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Office Play

I've started releasing some stuff on Kindle lately.  The short compilation of erotic shorts that I mentioned earlier, and now I've re-released Office Play on the Kindle as well. 

Office Play was the first story / series I ever wrote for Literotica.  At the time I was in an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship, that eventually became physical.  During that time I was also coming to some realizations about myself and the fact that BDSM stories really turned me on - something I had no experience with and only knew about from reading stories on Lit.  I originally wrote this series from a standpoint of complete fantasy.  When it came right down to it I had no idea what I was talking about from a personal standpoint, I only knew what I liked to read about.  I think that the sadism of Michael in the original series may have been because of the relationship I was in at the time.

When I decided to make it available on Kindle I knew that I wanted to edit it; what I hadn't realized was how much editing I was going to put into it.  I've learned a lot since I originally wrote this series, about writing, life and BDSM.  I'm by no means an expert, or even really experienced, but I know a heck of a lot more than I did when I first wrote the series.  I was rather embarrassed when I started editing it; Michael came off as so uncaring, not at all the sexy Dom I remembered writing about.

So the novella available on Kindle has some major differences.  For one, the beginning of their relationship became much more about seduction than the reluctance / non-consent overtones that were there before.  I also took out all of the sharing that Michael does with Juan; while Juan gets to be a voyeur he is no longer a participant.  In a lot of ways I think that the relationship between Diane and Michael has become much more believable and much more loving.  While the punishment aspect remains, of course, it's no longer so sadistically brutal and it takes into consideration the limits of the human body.   Obviously, from my stories, sometimes I feel like ignoring those limits but this was not a story that I ever meant to do that with.  It was just my first and I was inexperienced.

I'm not saying that what I've made available for Kindle is completely different, but for me it's a more satisfying stories in a lot of ways.  It's a little bit longer. Some scenes are extended. I've added in a couple of scenes.  And the relationship between Michael and Diane is a lot more satisfying for me to read now.

Re-writing was an interesting experience. I'm glad I did it. I always liked these characters.  And it was fun to revisit my first ever story and see what I wanted to change about it.

No comments :

Post a Comment