Sunday, July 7, 2019

My Amazon Free July - Days 6 & 7 - Learning to Kobo

So I broke out the Kobo reader and case.

Unfortunately for me, I apparently ordered the wrong case. I'm a little annoyed, because this is the case that was advertised on the page that I ordered my Kobo reader so you would think it would be the case FOR the Kobo reader... but apparently not. It's for a different Kobo reader.

However, having looked for Kindle cases on Amazon, I know that it's not much different over there.

Caveat Emptor.

The good news is, this allowed me to try out returning something! Because something else I love about Amazon is how freaking easy it is to return things. This was just as easy. Just open the email, click that I want to return, and the process was the exact same as Amazon's. Even easier, in the end, because I can use the regular postal service for the return, I don't have to stop by the UPS store like I do with Amazon.

Now, on to the real challenge - new technology.

Fortunately, I'm a smartie and I bought what looked like the closest thing to the Kindle that I have.

There was a moment of stress when I couldn't get it to turn on, and then I realized I should probably try plugging it in because it might need to be charged.

Can't make this stuff up.

After letting it charge for a while, I went through the process of getting it hooked up to my Wi-Fi and then synching the device to my Rakutan (the Kobo) account. It was pretty much idiot-proof (because I could do it lol). And then I bought my first non-Amazon book!


And it does look just like my Kindle. I had no problem purchasing a book on the website and it immediately showed up. Yay Carolyn Faulkner! She's fab, by the way, if you like spanking books or age play, definitely check her out.


The controls are all very similar to the Kindle. The biggest difference is that the font size, etc. shows up on the bottom of the screen rather than the top. Otherwise, might as well be the same device.

One more small moment of thinking I did something wrong... when I turned the Kobo reader off it did this.


Which, I initially thought meant I'd somehow accidentally turned the book back to the beginning rather than turning it off, but no! This is what it looks like when it's off. And it tells me what book I was reading and how far into it I've gotten and shows the cover.

Considering the books I read, I 100% need to invest in that Kobo case and it needs to get here soon. Thankfully, this particular cover / title isn't scandalous. That is definitely not always the case with me though.

At the moment, I can't think of anything I might need to order this upcoming week, but hey... the week is young. I guess we'll find out ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment