Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Author Spotlight: Sara Fields and Mastered

Thank you so much to Sara for agreeing to be on my blog today!

She's one of my favorite naughty sci-fi authors and I'm featuring her new release: Mastered: A Dark Sci-Fi Reverse Harem Romance

I asked Sara to tell me a little something about how she felt when writing this book.

Sara: While I was starting to write this story, I really didn't know how I was going to end it. The ending, a good quarter of the book I wrote in one weekend and it was incredible to see Alaina blossom into her own kick ass self, outside the shadow of her sister's Kira's legacy. I think this is my best book to date and I can't wait to see where the series takes me next. Danika and Kaela need to tell their stories. The Stryker sisters have more to do. ❤



***TEASER***

There was nothing more I needed him for. I took a deep breath. It was time. I couldn’t let him go. I couldn’t let him run off to his alien superiors and tell them that I existed. I’d never be safe. My other sisters and our group of humans would never be safe if I let him run free. My hand brushed against the gun at my hip. I swallowed deeply. Would I be able to do it? Could I kill a man, even if he was a Vakarran?

I shook my head, trying to shake myself of such stupid thoughts. There was no questioning what I had to do here. He had to die. There were no other options. I had to do it. With a deep, shuddering breath that rattled me to the core, I slid my fingers over the holster, gripping the handle with a reluctance that I knew he could see.
His expression grew wary.

“What are you doing? I did what you asked!”


“I don’t have a choice,” I whispered, whipping the gun from my belt and leveling it in his direction. I looked through the site and aimed at his head, figured that would be the surest and safest shot to ensure that he died quickly and quietly.

“Wait. Don’t do that,” he pleaded.

I felt a little bad for him. Young guy, sent off on an assignment on a planet he isn’t familiar with. I shivered and shook my head. He didn’t deserve my sympathy. His kind was evil. Had taken everything from us the day they had arrived and conquered our planet. Had forced us to have their babies just because their species was inadequate.
He deserved death.

I hesitated, unsure for a long moment. Could I do it? Could I kill him?


Suddenly, everything fell into place. I had accepted what I had to do. My heart stopped pounding like a drum in my ears and I adjusted my aim once more. He was going to die today. I felt it in my gut. I took my forefinger and curled it around the trigger, pulling it toward me when Davon began to grin like a village idiot.

What the hell? Why would he be smiling?

Suddenly, I could feel the barrel of a gun pressed against the back of my skull. Fuck...


1 comment :