Friday, March 18, 2022

101 Things in 1001 Days - #24 Grand Rapids, MI

 I realized that I did something on my 101 Things in 1001 Days list challenge!

The last weekend of February, I went to Grand Rapids, MI with several of my author friends. We had an absolutely amazing time. It was not only my first time to Grand Rapids, it was my first time actually stopping to do something IN Michigan instead of just driving through it.

Now, granted, since it was an author retreat we didn't get to see a *ton* of the city, but we DID go out to this amazing restaurant, Merten's Prime, that was such a cool place with absolutely fantastic food.


I was a little obsessed with the wallpaper in one of their bathrooms and I kind of wish I could have it for my office. It was a really beautiful Victorian print. The whole place was decorated in this mix between austere industrial and intricate detailed beauty. The food itself was phenomenol... I mean, anywhere that serves four different kinds of poutine is my kind of place, regardless. But I got to try pretty much everyone else'se dinner too and it was fabulous (though, I have to admit, I did not taste Jennifer Bene's bone marrow... however, there was something eminently appropriate about watching her digging into some bones for her dinner lol). 

All in all, it was an AMAZING weekend, hosted by the extremely generous Zoe Blake and her Chef Hubby (who used the little two-burner stove in one of the hotel rooms to cook multiple meals for us!) and I would be thrilled to go back to hang out with friends again but also just to see more of the city!

No comments :

Post a Comment