Thursday, January 6, 2022

101 Things in 1001 Days

 About 10 years ago I did a 101 things in 1001 days list and I remember it be really awesome. Of course, I didn't remember it at ALL  until I opened up the letter to myself that I wrote for it (Click here to see THAT video) but once I did I was like oh yeah... that was pretty awesome.

And, honestly, I've gotten in a bit of a rut, especially since the pandemic started. I remember doing a lot of really cool things, finding new recipes (some of which are now my favorites to make) and really enjoying what I was doing. It shook things up. Since the pandemic started, doing new things hasn't been easy and being motivated to try has been even less so. So, I figured let's make a new list and do this. I'll keep updating the blog as I go in case anyone's interested... see what I do when I'm not writing / reading lol.

Start Date: 1/6/2022

End Date: 10/3/2024


Relationship Goals

1. Go on a trip with hubby to somewhere we've never been before

2. Go on a family trip to somewhere we've never been before

3. Pack a picnic and enjoy it in the sun as a family

4. Have a girl-date with my sister-in-law

5. Do a girls' family trip with my mom, sister-in-law, and daughter

6. Call my grandmothers once a month through the 1001 days

7. Have a date night with hubby once a month through the 1001 days

8. Add a new member to our family through adoption

9. Have a family game night

10. Do a professional family photo shoot

11. Go to one of Dad's nature things without complaining

12. Take my daughter to the ballet / live show

13. Adopt a pet from the shelter

14. Give three "just because" presents

15. Mail care packages to my aunts just because - Leigh, Ann, Jenny, Nancy, Sarah

16. Host a fancy tea party for my daughter


Travel Goals

17. Visit California

18. Go to the Star Wars section at Disney Hollywood Studios and ride all the rides

19. Family trip to the beach

20. Vacation with friends at Deep Creek

21. Take a solo weekend getaway trip to recharge

22. See one of the biggest balls of twine in the U.S.

23. Go on a segway tour

24. Go to five cities I've never been to before

    1. Grand Rapids, MI

25. Go to five new conventions I've never been to before


Work Goals

26. Hit either the NYT or the WSJ Bestseller list

27. Start a new pen name

28. Have at least one booktok tikok go viral

29. Meet Lexi Blake (and don't embarass myself)

30. Go to RAM

31. Put all of my books into translations in German

32. Have three tiers on my Patreon

33. Take an entire week off writing / marketing / everything

34. Join NINC and attend their convention

35. Be a speaker / run a panel or class at a convention

36. Submit a book to a major publisher using my agent

37. Read We Should All be Millionaires

38. Read Wide for the Win and mark important pages

39. Read Self-publishing in German and mark important pages


Home Goals

40. Finish the basement

41. Make this house warm!

42. Finish my office (purchasing one new piece with every book release)

43. Put up a fence around the yard

44. Get a Christmas AT-AT yard decoration

45. Get curtains / blinds for all the windows in the house

46. Customize the closet in my office

47. Unpack EVERY BOX


Just for Fun Goals!

48. Make the Cinderella and Stepsisters cosplays

49. Make court outfits for all my friends for Renn Fair

50. Do a cosplay photo shoot with Cinderella & Stepsisters

51. Do another horror cosplay photo shoot

52. Do another Amazon-free month

53. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years

54. Watch the Witcher 

55. Watch the Wheel of Time

56. Ask 10 Friends to recommend a book and read them

   Adam - Storm Front by Jim Butcher

   Mel - Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Saffron Foer

   Tania - Year One by Nora Roberts

   Stella - Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

   Vivian - Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

   Chloe - 

   Stephanie - Dumpty by John Lithgow

   Jimmy - Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

   Krystle - Verity by Colleen Hoover

   Addison - Silver Devil by Theresa Denys

57. Learn how to play Moonlight Sonata on the piano

58. Buy a lottery ticket once a month for a year - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

59. Host a fancy dinner party and use the fine china

60. Visit a museum I've never been to 

61. Get a tattoo

62. Watch 10 terrible shark movies that I haven't seen yet

   Sharks of the Corn

   Toxic Shark

   Shark Huntress

   Virus Shark

   Land Shark

   Shark Season

   Sharkenstein

   Sharktopus vs Pteracuda

   Oiuja Shark

   Supershark

63. Answer 50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind

64. Watch a meteor shower with hubby

65. Watch the new Sex in the City show (with Katie?)

66. Turn off all electronics for a weekend

67. Re-read Tamora Pierce's Trebond books

68. Watch the Dune movie


Food Goals

69. Make a diabetic friendly dessert / snack for 10 gatherings

70. Use my Intermittent Fasting app every day

71. Be vegetarian for a week

72. Eat at 10 restaurants I've never eaten at before in my own city

    1. Hot pot!

73. Make 10 recipes I've never made before

74. Complete a 30 day Eat-at-Home challenge


Health & Fitness Goals

75. Get my A1C down to below 6.2 for 4 visits in a row

76. Exercise twice a week for a month

77. Run in two 5k races

78. No soda for 1 month

79. Buy a new fitbit

80. Wear the fitbit for a full month

81. Do 10 squats every day for a month

82. Stretch every day for a month

83. Meditate every day for a month

84. Go to bed before 11pm every night for a month


Helping Others Goals

85. Adopt a family for Christmas

86. Sponsor a charity on Facebook for my birthday

87. Donate to One Simple Wish five times

88. Be part of a charity anthology - Hero Daddies 

89. Tip my server 100%

90. Donate to a food bank

91. Do a random act of kindness for a stranger


Things for Life

92. Get my will updated

93. Go one month without spending money on anything other than necessities

94. Don't eat out for a month

95. Find a new primary care physician

96. Get tested for ADD / ADHD

97. Start a 529 for Little Fuss

98. Add money to my retirement fund for 12 months in a row - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

99. Renew my passport

100. Make my 2019, 2020, and 2021 photo albums

101. Get a mole checkup with the dermatologist


That's a lot! As I recall, I didn't finish my list last time but I got about halfway through it and I had a good time doing it. Looking forward to seeing how this time goes!

No comments :

Post a Comment