Saturday, July 28, 2012

YAY Saturday!

I went to the gym today, which is becoming my story planning area LOL. I'm finding it easier to think things through while running on the elliptical. My goals for this weekend are to finish Sarah's Private Dick (everything is sooooo close to being resolved!) and get more writing done on Venus Aspiring.

Feeling a little bad because Consequences apparently didn't quite follow what the reader who requested the story had originally hoped =/  That happens sometimes, but I always feel bad about it. Sometimes it's just too easy to have mixed communications and misunderstandings, especially when it comes to trying to describe what you'd like to have happen in a story. I try to stay to the request as closely as possible, but somewhere we got our wires crossed and it's gotten too BDSMy. Chapter 8 has already been submitted, but I'm hoping to hear from the reader by the end of the weekend for their opinion on my suggestion on how to get the story back to what they want. That or I'll just have to write them a short story now that I know.

I think one of the things that I struggle most with, both in my life and as a writer, is the worry that I'll let people down. Especially when it comes to highly anticipated stories or stories where people feel they have a stake in the characters. I talked about this a little bit when I was writing Venus School and deliberating over the three endings, but it holds true for every story that I write. Even more true for the reader request stories.  I am always honored and flattered that there is interest in what I write and so I don't want to disappoint people who start following me as a writer.  When I'm writing someone's requested story then I feel those emotions even more deeply because someone has entrusted their fantasy to me, which is a very personal thing.

So all that being said, I'm going to go ahead and get back to work because I'd like to hit my goals for the weekend! =)

No comments :

Post a Comment