Friday, October 18, 2013

Toy Review: Ben-Gay & some Stronghold stuff

Oh the things I do in the name of research... 

LOL.  So.  I tried the toothpaste after reading about it in a book and I've seen Ben-Gay on sensitive bits in more than one story.  I tried to use my imagination and used it in one of my stories... Office Play, I think.  One of those chapters.  Maybe.  If I'm remembering correctly

I figured it was time to finally get my act together and actually try it out.  Especially because I've been trying some of the more pain-pleasure toys lately, like nipple clamps.  How much worse could Ben-Gay be?

Ok, so... I was kind of in the mood for a little bit of pain/pleasure and I figured "let's do this!"  

Just like the toothpaste, I put the Ben-Gay straight onto my nipples first.  After a couple of seconds it started to tingle and it felt rather nice, just like the toothpaste, and I got a little overly enthusiastic and decided to test out two other regions that I'd read about - my anus and my clit.  

Tingle tingle tingle BURN.

It's not a slow burn, it's a lot of tingling and then OMGOODNESS it's burning.  A lot.  And it made me hot as hell, not just physically.  Grabbing the hitachi and getting myself off helped, but then I had to sit around for at least another fifteen to twenty minutes, still tingling and burning, before the effects finally melted away.

Later I told hubby about it - this was one I didn't want to do with him cuz... well, I thought he would think it was weird.  He was amused.  And a little disappointed that he didn't get to help out with this one. Sometimes I think I bring out his sadistic side.  Which is fine since I like that a bit.  I have to admit, I'm glad I did it on my own at first, so I would know what to expect, but now I'm having fantasies about being tied down, wrists and ankles, and having him do it to me and just letting me burn while he whips or spanks me.  I really liked it, as much as I hated it.  Which is the best kind of pleasure-pain toy in my opinion.

Anyway.  I have finished the writing part of Stronghold.  It's currently coming in at about 145,500 words.  Definitely the longest book I've written to date, which makes sense because it's also the first standalone book that I've written.  Their story doesn't continue in another book, the way Jessica's or Eleanor's did, although we'll see them again (and often).  I had an incredibly good time writing this book.  I'm really happy with it at the moment... but editing is still important.  At the moment, I'm saying that it's going to be published and available next weekend.  Keep track of the blog / twitter to know what's going on with it =)

12 comments :

  1. When you edit look for (s)he errors, missing/ double words and misspelling like them- they, that's your most common errors.
    You uselessly got 15-20 in each book,
    Best regards
    cillery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The main problem is that I can't afford a real editor and when I read through, I usually see what I know is supposed to be there rather than what's actually there. I think I get a little better at catching them with each book - here's hoping I don't prove that's just wishful thinking!

      Delete
  2. Congratz on finishing, your right, I forgot how long it takes to edit a BOOK. Hmmm why does waiting a week knowing the book is sort of done make me think I'm smelling Ben-Gay! Again well done and can't wait to buy my copy!

    Sir_Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhh exciting! I'm happy to forgive a typo here and there in exchange for your awesome characters and narrative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw well thank you! hopefully you won't have too many to forgive =)

      Delete
  4. Hi, excited to hear stronghold will be ready soon :)
    I started experimenting with sensation play a few months ago with a friend (generally whilst being tied up) and I recommend it. Personal favourite is deep-heat, which gets very warm without burning too much, but if you like cold+tingly sensations try vicks vapour rub or toothpaste. (oh and if anyone brings out chilli oil/sauce start wriggling out of your ropes and run away!) If the sensation gets too much (or you're done playing and want a break), they're all oil based so keep some natural yoghurt with a couple of ice cubes in nearby to sooth down sensitive areas :)
    Good luck with the editing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo all very good stuff to know! I haven't done very much with sensation play at all - what is deep-heat??? And I'll def have to check out the vicks. My hubby said Gold Bond also produces some interesting sensations =P

      Delete
    2. Deep heat is an ointment to rub on achy muscles - it gets very hot and tingly quickly on normal skin, and in -small- quantities feels amazing on more sensitive areas... :)
      If your interested I wrote a (very amateur) story about my first experiences of sensation play which sort of explains it all - http://www.literotica.com/s/d-is-for-dragonfruit

      Delete
    3. I read your story Kitten, very nice! Sounds like you had fun! Must add this to the list of things to try ;)

      M.

      Delete
  5. Yay for Stronghold being done. I totally understand the whole seeing what should be there rather than what *is* there. It is why I always try to give myself a couple of days between translation and editing if I cant afford an editor (Depends on the job) when we look too much at something we end up not seeing everything that is there.

    Sounds like your experiments are fun! Tied up and hot hot hot? sounds like something to do ;)

    Good luck with your editing and Congrats again on finishing it!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it helps that it's been a while since I've REALLY looked at the early chapters, so hopefully I'll be able to catch more!

      Delete