Thursday, January 27, 2022

Throwback Thursday - Tempting the Domme

 #TBT to Tempting the Domme!

*spoilers ahead*




Oh man. My first Domme book. I've talked about it before, but just in case anyone didn't know, I did not originally intend to write this book when I started writing the Stronghold Doms series. I didn't fee like I would be able to write a Domme book.

I loved Olivia, but I figured she'd be a permanent side character and eventually I'd show her getting a full-time sub, but that I wouldn't actually write that story.

But then I kept writing the books and getting to know her more and more and she got deeper and deeper into my head and I realized that even though I wasn't sure how well I would do at it, I could hear her just as clearly as any of my other main characters and I wanted to TRY writing her book.

It didn't hurt that so many people kept asking if she was going to get her own book, and I could see that everyone else loved her just as much as me.

So I introduced Luke in Stripping the Sub and got that party started. I was still really nervous about it, so at the end of Stripping the Sub there were TWO epilogues for the first time - one for Sharon and Jake, and one for Olivia and Luke - and I asked readers to message me and tell me whose story they would prefer to read next.

It was a close call, but Olivia and Luke came out on top. Which, honestly, I think was right for the series anyway. Jake and Sharon still had a little bit more push and pull to do lol.

I surprised myself with how much I loved writing Olivia's book. It was fun getting to write about a woman on top. And, honestly, in some ways, not that different from writing about a man on top. I had so much fun with it that I knew, after her book, I would probably be writing more Dommes (and I am!).
Luke was such a hottie too. That was one thing, I really wanted to write about her with a new sub and bringing an Alpha man to his knees, because those were two things I was already super familiar with writing, I was just putting a new twist on them.

What did you think? Were you hesitant to read a Domme book? Were you excited about it?

No comments :

Post a Comment