Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving.  Not quite as much as I love Christmas, but pretty close.  Mostly because I see a lot of people who take large chunks of their lives for granted and I like to think that today, maybe, they look around and realize all the blessings they have and they are appreciative of them and of the people who bring those blessings to them.

So this year... I want to go over some of the things I'm particularly thankful for.

I'm thankful towards Literotica for being such a wonderful platform for providing stories and entertainment.  The internet is truly an amazing place, and as frustrated as I can get sometimes with the website (and especially how long it takes my chapters to post), there are people behind the scenes who work hard on it and make it a wonderful and open place where all sorts of people who are interested in many different things can gather together.  And it allows us to reach out and find each other and say "Hey... I'm not alone... there's a lot of other people interested in the same kinky shit as me!"  I think that's wonderful.

I'm thankful for my fans... for the people who have left me comments and sent me emails, all of which keep me motivated to keep writing (honestly, I'm a feedback whore... you put in feedback and the writing machine works better!).  I'm incredibly thankful for those of you who started pushing me to make stuff available on Amazon last year.  While I will probably never be able to quit my day job, it's SUCH an incredible boost for me to know that I am a published writer and that people actually WANT to read what I'm putting out there.  I absolutely do not take it for granted and I know that I wouldn't be doing that if it wasn't for all of you.  I'm especially thankful to those of you who read this blog and continue to make me feel like I'm interesting and worthwhile =)

I'm especially thankful towards those of you who leave me reviews on Amazon and Smashwords.  It only takes a minute, but it makes a huge difference to me.  Even the people who leave reviews like "ugh, why would any woman want to be spanked?!" leave me with a good laugh because hey... sometimes stupid people are so dumb it's funny (I mean seriously, how hard it is to read a book description before you buy it?).

I'm thankful for my husband, who is ever supportive of me (and helping me with research ;)  I'm especially thankful of my friends and family, who know what I do and, whether or not they know my penname, think it's awesome.

And I'm thankful for the never ending stories that are running through my head, the people who constantly give me suggestions and ideas for new stories and on how to improve the stories I'm putting out there, and for the many little worlds that I get to inhabit and share with all of you.  I won't lie, I understand that it's a gift and not one that everyone is blessed with.  I just happy to be uncommonly lucky, and even more lucky that I type REALLY freaking fast and enjoy writing.  I'm also thankful that I have a day job that allows me to keep doing what I love on the side.

So yeah.  There's a lot to be thankful for... what about you?

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing with us!

    Sir_Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

    M.

    ReplyDelete