Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Little Behind

So, as wonderfully relaxing as my beach trip was this past weekend, I'm now definitely a little behind on my submissions for Literotica... sorry for the wait! Hopefully it will be worth it.

I'm almost finished with the next chapter of Submission, and I'm about a third of the way finished with the next chapter of Venus School.  As anxious as I am to get the next chapters up, I'm trying to keep myself from rushing because I don't want to let people down on the quality after such a long wait!

I've noticed that the closer I get to the end of a series, the harder the writing becomes. Trying to reach a satisfying end for everyone - the characters, myself and the wonderful people reading - is daunting. The good news is, I'm getting very close. The bad news is... these chapters tend to take me a little longer to write.  They just don't flow as effortlessly as the earlier chapters.

And, of course, I suffer from writer's insecurity. What if people don't like where I go with it? What if they're disappointed in the next chapter? Submission has been especially hard for me in this regards because David is not my usual easy-to-write Dom. Between the pressures his society puts on him, the pressure he puts on himself and Alanna's own burgeoning sexual awakening, there's a lot going on for the poor man. And trying to stay a step ahead of Alanna isn't exactly easy.

Plus I keep thrusting them into situations that I'm unfamiliar with and have never written about before. I was so relieved when the chapter about Alanna's punishment was well received. That was such a hard chapter to write. Now I'm bringing them back together, but their relationship is still being tested because the meeting with Curtis is hanging over them. He'll be the next chapter, and I have to admit... I'm not looking forward to it.  Not because I don't want to write it or because I think it will be bad (I certainly hope it's not) but because I truly don't like Curtis and I don't want him anywhere near Alanna.

I know, I'm weird. She's not real. I have to keep reminding myself of that.

At any rate. Right now Alanna and David are at a swanky party that (on Demagon) apparently includes exhibitionism of some of the Repiban slaves (all of them willing).  Alanna's getting an eyeful and rather enjoying it even though it makes her a little frightened to think about being in their position.  There's a lot more touching / visual stimulation than she's used to, and while David's taking good care of her (at least, I hope people will agree with me on that) it's definitely pushing the boundaries of her comfort zone.

Cuz that's really what it's all about, isn't it?


Edit: Finished Chapter 16 of Submission - Hooray! Working on the next chapter of Venus School and hopeful that I will have both submitted by the end of the night tonight.

No comments :

Post a Comment